Who are we?
Introducing the Straight Back team who will help you in Getting you going again…
Have a read up and learn more about our skilled and experienced team of Physiotherapists at Straight Back.
BSc Hons Physiotherapy & Sports Science
Likes to think he’s the boss but knows where his place is really!
When Stuart is not in clinic here, he is working with Cheltenham Town FC or is pitch side with Cheltenham College 1st Rugby team.
Expertly trained in Spinal manipulation (great for Low Back Injury) and the rehab side of injuries. Whether you are 18 or 65, A strong believer that a real strengthening programme goes a long way in your recovery from injury.
Has worked out of the Private Nuffield Hospital and New Zealand in the past and been on training camps with Wales Hockey.
Stuart is our resident Running assessment and bike fitting nerd - Attention to detail and a bit of OCD help.
Muscle injuries and sport specific rehab are areas of treatment that Stuart enjoys.
Psst - See if he still speaks like he plays football to this day. We reckon its about 5 years since he really played - coincides with having children…Enough said.
Want to speak with Stuart, get hold of him on email@example.com
Qualifications: BSc Hons in Physiotherapy and Sports Science
Born - Says Brighton, not strictly true
- Place: The top of a powder-filled mountain side will do nicely
- Restaurant: Piccolo Brighton, awesome take out pizza ideal for the beach
- Food: Roast dinner - the best
- City: San Francisco
- TV Show: Grand Designs
- Film: Used to love True Romance, Gladiator is pretty good too
- Singer/Group: Weller, 90's tunes
- Celebrity: Hmm, let me think about this one. Giant Haystacks and big daddy??
- Book: ‘Legacy’ - The NZ All Blacks are quite special, aren’t they?
- Sports: Football, Rugby
- Team: Brighton, and of course Cheltenham, up the Robins
- Hobbies: Football, running, a dash of Snowboarding
Sarah Fossella (nee Carpenter)
BSc Hons Physiotherapy
What can we say…
Super smiley, super nice, a super good specialist Physio. If the world were full of Sarah’s I’m sure it would be a better place.
Specialising in making a difference to people's lives, she’s just right for those of you who might be a bit daunted by getting down to the gym to do your rehab. She will hold your hand and make sure you are just right…
Sarah is the one who will help you over Low Back pain or a knee injury - she has had ‘a thing’ for the knee since her early days qualifying as a Physio. Skilled and effective rehab is what you can expect from Sarah.
Psst - Ask her about her hockey playing days…Apparently, she was pretty good!!
Want to ask Sarah anything in particular? Find her on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualifications - BSc Hons Physiotherapy.
- Born - Taunton
- Lives - Cheltenham
- Favourite Place: New Zealand
- Favourite Restaurant: Don’t know, Stu you need to take me out more…
- Favourite Food: Moules Frites
- Favourite Holiday: Algarve, Portugal
- Favourite City: Stockholm
- Favourite TV Show: Cold Feet
- Favourite Film: The Princess Bride
- Favourite Singer/Group: Shed 7 and Pink Floyd
- Favourite Celebrity: Philip Schofield
- Favourite Book: The Little Prince
- Favourite Sport: Tennis and Hockey
- Favourite Team: Team Carpenter/Fossella
Hobbies: Hanging out with my little family, Having fun going mad drinking wine and having BBQs with my friends.
Did a Devil Mud run in March and literally enjoyed every single foot step-only done it once so not sure I'm allowed to call it a hobby!!!!
"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance, take it.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."
Francesca Carpenter- AKA Chekko
BSc Hons Physiotherapy
The A grade student with an A grade personality to boot. Another smiley, friendly giggling member of the team. I’ve never met anyone before who gets so much complimentary feedback from patients - FACT.
She’s a dab hand at Pilates in her rehabilitation and loves the Acupuncture needle as a helper to her hands on treatments. Bad Backs and Necks are nothing new to Francesca, lucky as her boyfriend has a dodgy back all the time :-)
Has got a bit of a thing for feet and ankles, loves to run, and is officially now a runner - as she's been going more than 9 months now, Forest Gump watch out.
Psst - Ask her why she's called Chekko and about her love of houses on one level
Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
Born: Taunton, Somerset
Places: New Zealand, Austria
Holiday: Italy, Austria
Tv Show: House of Cards
Film: The holiday
Singer/group: Pink Floyd, Brian Fallon
Celebrity: David Attenborough
Book: Girl on a Train - last 1 in about 5 years that I read...shameful!
Sports: Hockey, Tennis, Skiing
Hobbies: Running, walking, friends/family gatherings!!
Top Tip: “If you think your too small to make a difference...try sleeping with a mosquito”